オンラインシラバス

2019年度シラバストップ > 中Ⅰ年7組AG > 英語 > English Writing

教科
科目
学年・組
授業時間
担当者
英語
English Writing
中Ⅰ年7組AG
2hrs/week
Morris

到達目標


In this class, students will learn the conventions of formal essay writing and how to write clear, coherent and focused compositions. Throughout the year, students will create a number of pieces, including a research project and discursive, cause and effect, comparative and argumentative essays. The majority of these pieces will be thematically linked to the literature studied in English Reading class.

授業の進め方・学習方法


Typically, the content studied each term will be centered on English in use along with supplementary components of vocabulary building and grammar skill building. Activities in class will be content driven and the methods in which the content is studied will be wide ranging, from teacher-centered lecture style classes to group activities, individual research and study activities.

授業スケジュール


学期
学習内容
1学期
Vocabulary
How to vary vocabulary to achieve the appropriate style, register and tone.

Discursive
Students will learn how to discuss different sides of a topic in essay form.
1学期中間試験は実施しない
1学期
Sentence Structure
How to vary sentence structure using simple, compound and complex sentences.

Cause and Effect
Students will analyse and write an effective cause and effect essay.
1学期末試験は実施しない


学期
学習内容
2学期
Organising Paragraphs
How to create effective paragraphs using transitions and topic sentences.

Comparative
Students will learn how to compare and contrast ideas in essay form.
2学期中間試験は実施しない
2学期
Introduction / Conclusion
How to construct good introductions and conclusions.

Research Projects
Students will prepare and write a successful research report.
2学期末試験は実施しない


学期
学習内容
3学期
Quoting and paraphrasing
How to effectively and correctly quote information from other sources.

Argumentative Writing
Students will analyse and write an effective argumentative essay.
3学期末試験は実施しない

成績評価方法


種別
割合(%)
評価基準など
定期試験
In this class, students will do both formal and informal writing tasks and will be required to produce one polished piece for assessment per half term.

Your achievement on the assessments in this class will count for 20% of your overall English grade (the remaining 80% will come from your English Reading class).
レポート
80
小テストなど
20
授業での取り組み状況

担当者からのアドバイス


Make sure you complete all practice work and technical exercises, which will help you to write your essays. Use homework time to write as much of your essays as you can, so the teacher can help you improve and redraft it in class.